Look Beauty is still an art when good makeup meant just soaps, perfumes and oils carefully selected after word-of-mouth recommendation. Take your pick! Show off your gorgeous eyes - wear eye makeup. When your makeup is completed it should look natural. That means avoiding colors that clash. If you have dark skin and hair you will look better in darker shades; light colors will make you look washed out. If your hair and skin tone are light, light colors will look better on you. Dark makeup will make you look older and harsh. If you have oily skin, first use oil control moisturizer and foundation. Then be sure to wear loose powder, keeping pressed powder with you for touch ups.
Some women don't wear makeup because they are not sure how to use it and are afraid of being overdone. If you are unsure, start will light colors in your shade. Start slowly and add one product at a time. Maybe start with foundation, add mascara, blush or lipstick. If you are not used to wearing makeup, using a lot a first may be a little too much for you, so start slowly. The bottom line is a little is better than none.

10/10/2008

Bare Escentuals Natural

Bare Escentuals Natural Light Face Lifting Duoolde faces need light This is a relatively new product. Perhaps the 32 yr old didn't notice a difference because she does not have deep enough lines around the mouth,the parentheses, to hid yet. I'm 60, and I feel it blends nicely to flatten out the line from nose to mouth. The highlighter is nice high on creek bone under the eyes to brighten the eye area, also under the brows. My disappointment is with the packaging. I want either the concealer or the highlighter to come out, not both. Covering one side with my thumb and shaking the other side into the lid leaves much to desired. I've used BE products for years and generally love them. This just needs tweaking.
Other highlighters work better I was not impressed by this product at all. I am a big fan of BE products but this one failed to deliver. Like the other reviewers said, I think you have a to have a very dark skin tone in order for this to work. It did nothing for me at all. If you want just a highlighter, you could use benefit "High Beam" and get much better results. Don't waste your money. You do get very little product. Not a good value at all.
pricey but adequate Like the other reviewer, I also have fair skin, although I have liked the "Face Lifting Duo," overall. The two shades are for different parts of the face, to create light relection and shading in different areas to create a subtle (let me emphasize subtle -- I'm 32 and just beginning to want a little contouring), "lifted" effect.
I do agree that it is pricey for the amount you get. I have had mine for about 6 weeks, and I am already running out. I may check out the Clear Radiance to see if that creates a similar "well lit" effect for less money.
Natural Light is for anyone who ever thought it wasn't possible to look good in every kind of light. It serves as a guiding light to brighten and lift areas of your face regardless of whether you are faced with harsh, fluorescent lights or soft, forgiving light. The innovative, dual-sized jar holds two unique translucent bareMinerals designed for lighting and lifting areas like the area above the brows, around the folds of the nose, outer corners of the mouth, below the bottom lip, and on the high points of the cheekbones and forehead. For best results, apply Natural Light with the Bare Escentuals Light Stroke Brush.

No comments: